Sunday, April 26, 2009

Afghan finished


I have finished the aqua Mile an Minute afghan. I used some mill-end yarn that I got from AC Moore's a few years ago, so I don't know the name of the colors, just that it is probably Caron. I love to do the MaM pattern and have made a great many over the last 20 years!! This will probably be the last large afghan (approx. 50" by 60") I do until Fall, as it is already in the high 80's here. It was 88 degrees yesterday! During the summer, I work extra hard on Prayer Shawls for the Elkin hospital, as most of the volunteers quit for the summer to work on gardens or whatever. I'm not allowed to play in the dirt and have to stay inside out of the sun...so might as well do something useful! This week, I received my volunteer pin for last year. I am up to 3200 hours now. I am really proud of that pin!

5 comments:

Henya said...

It is a beautiful afghan. I was introduced to the concept of volunteering here in America. I think it is so special. there is no commodity more precious than time, thank you for sharing it with others.

Ghost said...

Really a great job again my friend, it makes me want to jump into a pool of water. I can almost see the refections of light as it ripples on the wall with these colors. It is really warm here too for the last two day but we have had thunderstorms too and a lot of ran that don't last long. You go girl on the pin and charity hours award.

Scarlet said...

Beautiful work June. I love the colors you used. I am just getting interested in the MaM ghans.
I can't wait to make my first one. I think I will start with a baby blanket though. I'm not as ambitious as you are. :)


*HUGS*

Leslie Shelor said...

Lovely work! Don't blame you for not doing more of the heavy things with the heat we're having!

Delighted to see your daughter again this weekend! Hope to see you again soon!

Beansieleigh said...

I LOVE your afghan, June, and the beautiful colors you used! Very nice job on this!..
Congratulations on your pin too! It sounds like you most certainly SHOULD be proud of it!