Monday, November 17, 2008

Yellow Sweater




I finally finished the big yellow sweater with the cables in the raglan area. I am pleased with it, and the recipient has often said, "I really like that sweater". He will have to wait for Christmas to wear it though. Aren't I mean? My favorite sweaters to knit are top-down, except for the sleeves. I'd rather do the sleeves flat.

I am requesting prayers for my youngest kitty, Dora. She has been feeling poorly since Saturday and it is serious. I am giving her some antibiotic and it seems to be helping, but I'm thinking she should have been perked up by now. At this time, I can't afford to take her to the Dr. My fixed income just won't expand that far these days. I can barely afford to buy food for them. It is a lower-stomach problem (on-going). She has never been "right" since we brought her in. I blamed the fact that her mom didn't take care of her and she didn't get the proper nutrition when she was at the critical first-weeks stage. I am praying that she will get over this. I put it in God's hands. We are all His creatures, not only humans, but "all creatures great & small". I thank you in advance, and may God Bless all.

5 comments:

tammy said...

May the Lord Bless little Dora. Heal her body and make her feel good again. He does love all creatures, after all he breathed life in all.

I admire the cables on the raglan sweater. Pattern to share? hmmm

Peace

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and bright sweater. Really nicely done. As to Dora I have been praying for healing.

Anonymous said...

No, I have never done a cat. I did a cat pillow. This is my first of that type of crochet. Do you have a cute non copyrighted pattern for a cat. Direct me please.

Tanya said...

Oh dear. My heart always darkens when I hear of a furry creature who is ill...
Dear Lord. We know that you love all your creations. We thank you for putting your details into Dora's being and that you know her inner workings and her every second with June. We ask your healing Lord, on this bundle of love. In Jesus' name, Amen

Scarlet said...

I too have Dora in my prayers. I love cats, we have 2, Gizmo and Jade. They are our children since we do not have any.

I want to thank you for all the wonderful comments you have left on my blog.

This sweater is absolutely beautiful and I just love the color. You are a very talented woman.

My God bless you and your family.

*HUGS*