Thursday, November 6, 2008

Funky Purple Socks!


I finished these simple tube socks last night. The yarn is dk weight, but they have strings of blue, red and yellow throughout, giving it a very "funky" look. I love the way they turned out, and enjoy working on these plain tube socks. I was really getting very "burned out" on heels. I can do them without any problems, but seems they wear out so quickly, even with reinforcement. This yarn is from NZ and is great to work with and is called Magic Garden "Allsorts". It is a washable wool.
I am adding a new "button" on the side for a new project of mine. A group on C'ville will be making colorful kids afghans for the Victory Junction Gang Camp here in North Carolina. It is not far from me, actually. I do apologize that I do not know how to make a "usable" button, but if you want more information, you can go to Crochetville.org and look under charity afghans. Information is also available at the Victory Junction website. Also, a number of the members of the Yahoo! group "Crochet_Swaps_Galore" are participating. This is a great cause and it should be a lot of fun to make red, yellow, green and blue afghans!! These groups are hoping to make 200 afghans for disabled kids attending the camp in 2009! Please consider helping out!

2 comments:

tammy said...

I like purple and I love Funky!

Love the sox!!!!

teakaycee said...

Okay..............WAY COOL!!
Tube Sox... who would have thought! Yep...you have my brain working... I think my kids need a pair each!!!
Love it.
Hugs Sweetie....Miss you.