Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Crochet Hook


After looking at a crochet hook carved (whittled, actually) from a regular chopstick I said "I can do that". The one I saw is called Jimbo's Chophook. It didn't take me long to find an old, mismatched chopstick and have a go at it. I'm sorry for the bad quality of the photo, I tried twice to get a better one, but didn't have any luck. This chopstick isn't bamboo, but some other wood and has interesting grain lines not visible in the photo. I think the hook turned out pretty good and the size is about a J, which is my favorite for afghans. The second photo is the 12-point Round Ripple afghan. This pattern is quickly becoming my favorite also. I have made crochet hooks before. I made a tunisian crochet hook in a large size, when I couldn't find one that I wanted. Where I live, I have to drive 35 to 50 miles to get anything (creative) that I might need. There is no joy in living in the "country".

No comments: