Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm really bugged about this!

Recently, on a blog that I frequently look at there was a photo of a small lady wearing a XXXL men's shirt. It was supposed to be cute and funny. I wear a 3x in real life. I do not think this photo is cute or funny. In every heavy person, there is a skinny person screaming to get out!! I do not want to be large, I do not want to be hungry all the time, and I am NOT a glutton. The root of my weight problem is an allergy to corn, especially high fructose corn syrup, which is hidden in almost all canned/prepared foods these days! My feelings are hurt, big time, for everyone out there that has to silently put up with this kind of abuse and jokes. We who suffer in silence protest!

4 comments:

Candace said...

I think I know the picture that you are talking about, and I feel sure that it wasn't intended to hurt feelings. I am heavy also, and I feel your pain. It seems like weight problems are about the only problems that it is politically correct to make fun of. We know our worth though, and it is their problem to a certain extent. The health problems are ours, the character problems are theirs.

Amanda said...

Although I don't have much of a weight problem I echo everything Candace has said. People just don't think things through always. I am struggling a bit with my weight at the moment as I have chronic fatigue syndrome and can't exercise anywhere near enough - and I have multiple food allergies, so sympathies there too.

sewbeezy said...

I am so sorry that some people can be so insensitive. I totally agree with everything Candace said. While it is hard not to let feelings get hurt, this is one of those things that you just need to push aside so you can continue moving forward. Unfortunatly the world is filled with small people (not meaning size) and this is one of the things they do to make themselves feel like a better person.

Andee said...

I didn't see the blog you are talking about, but I have noticed that while it has become politically incorrect to joke about many things that used to be acceptable, "fat" jokes still seem to be out there and get the laughs. I hope one day people will see these jokes for as distasteful as they really are. Chin up, big is beautiful to many of us!