Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tri-shawl on the wall

I have been trying to think of a way to take a photo of the tri-shawl on the wall. This is the best I can do, and get most of the shawl in the photo. As you can see, I am almost done with this one. I enjoy working on these, but can only do a little at a time, due to standing so much! My daughter built the loom for me, and taught me a better way to weave. Yesterday, she took a friend and I to the alpaca farm near Fancy Gap, VA where she learned to use a tri-loom. I'm allergic to alpaca, but enjoyed looking at the animals and products from alpaca fiber. It was a nice day, but I get tired out so quickly! I hope to finish this shawl today. A funny thing is......I bought this yarn at a flea market years ago & saved it for "something special". When I got to the center of one of the balls of yarn, the folded up piece of paper it was wound on was a page from a desk calendar.......dated March 30, 1963. Good yarn doesn't go bad, I guess! I was in 8th grade in 1963.

No comments: