Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just finished

I've switched to making tube socks for awhile instead of socks with heels. After losing four pairs of socks this past winter due to beyond-repair heels, I decided tube socks with star toes would be very practical. The yarn is Utopia sport, the pattern is adapted from the "baby cable" pattern in Lion Brand book "Just Socks" and also the star toe idea came from the Frugal Knitting Haus tube sock pattern, which sadly is no longer available online. It is a great pattern though. I have a popcorn can full of acrylic sock yarn and want to use it up this summer making gifts for this Christmas season. By the way, Dora the kitten is fine, and loves to help knit socks. She dashed out this morning when I went out to feed the yard-cats and had a traumatic experience. None of the other cats remembered her, even her mom. She's been inside two weeks now. One of the other kittens (different mom) who is larger than she decided to try to beat up on her. She was taken back inside immediately. She gladly went back to her little bed, and went to sleep on her little rabbit skin. Goes to show, sometimes we don't appreciate what we got until we get to see the other side.

5 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Would it be possible to acquire a copy of the Frugal Haus pattern from you???

Carol

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Thanx for that. I tried looking up a star toe on the internet and couldn't find anything.

I;m not very profient at doing heels and so this works great.

tammy said...

Like the socks June. Dora sounds really cute! I can identify with her about the "outside yard" experience.

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, June, thank you for your post on my blog about my stray kitty; Dora is very cute and lucky to have a nice home with you. Your Orange Crush quilt looks great!

Nicole & Phil said...

great socks! I have never tried tube socks!