Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Birthday Fat Quarters

In a Yahoo quilting group I am a member of, we send other members fat quarters of fabric for their birthday. Here is mine for 2008 and aren't they beautiful? I have found that I enjoy working with fat quarters of fabric and remnants more than yardage! I especially love the cat fabric! I have been working on a walmart quilt-of-the-month pattern from a couple of years ago while I am waiting for the next clue for the Orange Crush mystery quilt (quiltville.com). A lot of quilters that I have talked to over the country in the past have never heard of the walmart quilt-of-the-month patterns. I guess we were just lucky in this part of NC. I started collecting them in 2002, and ended this Feb. when the fabric department got rid of their fabrics. This was a STUPID move on walmart's part, but don't get me started on that! Thanks to everyone in the CatsnQuilts group!! I had a wonderful birthday last month!

3 comments:

lorrwill said...

Not a bad haul! I wish I had thought to do this with mine.

Paula, the quilter said...

Well, Happy Birthday! I recently started a Pi Shawl (E. Zimmerman) and it seems to be taking up a lot of my time rather than quilting.

Emily Cole said...

I'm wondering if our Walmart will get rid of their fabric section... sometimes I can find some nicer stuff there... It's really a dumb move for them I think too!