Friday, July 25, 2014

T G & Y

Does anyone remember the old T G & Y stores? I sure do, and I am reminded of how much I do miss our old TG&Y store every time I go to Elkin! My first experience with a T G &Y was in Kissimmee, Florida in 1971. Believe it or not, I had no fabric stash in those days...my daughter was just a baby, and we lived on a very low budget. T G & Y met our needs perfectly. (NO walmarts in those days). When we moved to this area in l981, there was a store here, and we loved going there!! When I shop at the Goodwill store, sometimes I still find yarn from T G & Y in a big bag of yarn I love to purchase. These days, most of my dollars for household items and a lot of canned goods goes to Dollar General. Even though they carry a lot of products made in China, and you have to be very careful (enough said).      Thank God it is Friday...God Bless your weekend!

Photo from internet!

1 comment:

Rebecca in AK said...

TG&Y is new for me. It must be an eastern chain? I do remember going to Woolworths! I hope you have a blessed weekend!