Sunday, July 6, 2014

Project Linus day


Yesterday, my daughter, son and I went up on the mountain to Galax, VA to the July Project Linus meeting. The meetings are the first Saturday of every month at the Galax Library. We usually eat at the Peking Palace Chinese restaurant and then deliver our afghans and small quilts that Kathleen and I have made. It is a fun trip. Yesterday we stopped at the new Goodwill Store in Galax also, and I found this quilt top. It was pieced from 1970's and 80's fabrics, many of which I had and used when I first started quilting in earnest in the 80's. It is hand pieced and the maker of the quilt top even left her "calling card" on the top. It is sewed on by machine, the rest of it is all hand pieced. I think that is weird, but I will leave it on when I machine quilt it. Anyway, I love this quilt top and fully intend to quilt it when the weather gets cooler. It is hard to quilt in summer when it is 90+ degrees, even with the longarm. (It is old and overheats if I'm not careful!) I am trying to decide whether to use muslin for the backing or some burgundy cotton I found in my stash. Either one would look nice, I think!

On a different note...we had to replace our 20 year old refrigerator this week. We got it from Lowes of Mt.Airy, and the sorry delivery men just left it in the middle of the kitchen floor, asked me to sign their paper, and LEFT! I wanted to cry, but my son and I managed to get it into place. Actually, to give credit where credit is due, Donald did 99.99% of the work!

 Have a blessed Sunday!

1 comment:

Rebecca in AK said...

It sounds like you had a fun family day!! I really like the quilt top you purchased. Interesting about the name tag. So nice to have a new frig!!