Monday, July 6, 2009

Sock Monkey


All last week my son was home on "vacation" between semesters, that is, when the students aren't there, instructors don't have to be either. He decided to move stuff from one (leaky) storage building to another. That is when he found Sock Monkey. Later that day, Sock Monkey was being attacked by some carpenter bees in the new location, so my son brought him inside the house. He has been inside ever since. My daughter saw him and said "he's evil". (She also thinks that clowns are evil, go figure!) Truthfully, I have always felt a little uncomfortable around him, but he does deserve better than the bees!! He was made for me many years ago by a dear friend named Sheila, in Ohio. I've lost touch with her now, and I think I will give Sock Monkey a place of honor in the house. I found a free pattern on the internet for a sock monkey knitted out of sock yarn. Maybe I'll make him a friend (or maybe not). It is at www.thepatternbox.com if anyone is interested. Knit on!

No comments: