Thursday, August 27, 2009

Prayer Quilt




Yesterday, I attended a meeting of the Prayers & Squares group of Richmond Hill Baptist Church, Boonville, NC. I took some more fabric that I wasn't going to use, also our family cat-quilt for Show & Tell, and received my very own Prayer Quilt!! As you can see by photo number one, Shizuku loves it too, and has claimed it! (Oh my gosh, look at those "lazer-eyes". She's saying "MINE!!") The second photo is the cross on the back of the quilt. Every quilt that they make has a cross like this on it. The third photo is of the label. Click on any of the pictures to take them larger. I feel very blessed to have found this group, and am very honored that they have given me this quilt. I'm going to have to share it with Shizuku though, but after all, it is a cat quilt...what can I say?! Thank you, new friends at RHBC!

**Note to Tanya: The Prayers & Squares group of RHBC said that they would be in prayer for your Prayers & Squares group in Japan. Hands of faith reaching around the world.

4 comments:

tammy said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you, such a perfect quilt for you and your kitty.That must have been a suprise and a bigBLESSING!

I've never known of a group who would give such a gift to one of its own member. Awesome....

tammy said...

P.S.

And the cross is even better!

Beautiful quilt.

Tanya said...

Thank you! How wonderful! Tell them that prayer is needed in Japan. I haven't had to make any specific prayer quilt for an illness lately (that you Lord!) but our church did tie a quilt and pray for a new baby in our church family recently.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a lovely quilt! Very impressive and really enjoyed seeing it. Enjoyed seeing it's Tasha Tudor's birthday coming up, thanks.