Thursday, March 27, 2014

A new book

Yesterday I received a new book that I had ordered from Amazon.com (the above picture is from them, too). A Birthday present to myself.  I also have the first of Carol Hopkins' books, Civil War Legacies I, which I enjoyed very much. This one looks wonderful, and I am hoping to make at least a couple of small quilts from it!

Tomorrow is my 65th Birthday. Just another day I suppose, but it seems special to me. Sixty-five years is a milestone. After my husband died, right after my 50th Birthday, I didn't figure I'd have that many more Birthdays, but here I am.  Shizuku-chan (our cat), and I celebrate our Birthdays on the same day. She will be 16 tomorrow, and  was born in Ei-cho, Japan, when my daughter was living there and teaching English in the local elementary schools.  Sixteen is old for a cat, but she gets around pretty good, and her eyes are clear and bright. She and I are just "two old girls". I hope that she and I have a few more years to make a difference. Hope Spring has arrived where you are. It is looking "hopeful" here!

God Bless!!

4 comments:

tammy said...

Happy birthday June!!!
I have had a two weeks illness and am behind on the date, so birthday card will be late.
Enjoy your day and do something to make you happy.

Love,
Tam

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Happy Birthday, June; hope it was a great one!

Rebecca in AK said...

Hi June I just found your blog from your comment on mine. A very Happy (belated) Birthday!! My sister had a cat that lived for 23 years before she lost her. Your cat may have many more years to share with you!