Friday, February 15, 2013

Persian Pickle Club

After seeing a read-a-long mentioned on the Stashbuster Group (Yahoo Groups), I decided it was time to read this book AGAIN. I have read it several times, oh maybe 5 or 6 times, and love it! It's like reading my Bible, every time I read it I find something I'd missed before!! As I have been reading, I have been writing down the names of the quilt blocks and quilts. So far, I have 14 on the list. I am still hoping to find ONE MORE!! I am considering making a Sampler Quilt using the names, probably using 1930's repro fabrics or old feedsack fabrics. (Am still trying to decide). First I must research the patterns, most of them I know, or am reasonably familiar with.  Ever read the book? Want to join me in making a sampler? Let me know and I will make a list of the names I've found. If you know of a 15th name, I'd sure love to hear it!  (photo above is from Amazon...they have the book at really good prices).  Take care & God Bless.  (see also www.starwoodquilter.blogspot.com  )

3 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

June, I've never heard of this book so thanks for the suggestion. Best of success on your quilt; if I weren't so covered up in farm work, I'd join you. Perhaps next time...

Starwood Quilter said...

I agree with June that this is an absolutely wonderful book. If you like to both quilt and read, we'd love to have you become part of the free, on-line Quilters' Book Club. We'll be reading and discussing books and then making a quilt block to go with each book. Or, you might decide like June to make an entire quilt from one book! http://www.starwoodquilter.blogspot.com/2013/01/quilters-book-club-introduction.html

Starwood Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.