Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Prayers & Squares Meeting






This morning I went to a Prayers & Squares meeting at the Richmond Hill Baptist Church outside of Boonville, NC. It's been about a year since I'd attended a meeting. Although I think of the group often, and say a prayer or two for their ministry, the road to the church scares me and I don't attend often. I happened to have some fabric to donate to them, so I made the effort to attend this morning. I asked if I could take some photos of their work and they agreed. The first photo is a quilt ready for hemming. The second photo is quilts ready for members to tie knots in and pray over. The third photo is just a side view of a quilt backing, ready to be layered for pinning together, and the last photo is a stack of quilts ready for the ties. I had a good time spending some time with these ladies again, and I hope to attend a meeting again before the weather gets bad. By the way, they send their love and prayers to the "sister group" of Prayers & Squares in Nikko, Japan, the leader being my friend, Tanya. The weather is clear and crisp now and the leaves are almost ready to change colors. What a glorious time of year to be alive!!

1 comment:

tammy said...

Glad you enjoyed your meeting. The quilts are geat!
This weather is wonderful!!