Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October

I really do love October. Not only are there some sad events (anniversary of my leaving MI, my late husband's birthday), there are plenty of happy ones, too. All kinds of festivals in our neck-of-the-woods, my daughter's birthday, etc, etc. Although sometimes I slide into depression this time of year, this year I am NOT! Since I've been taking vitamin D3, I don't seem to have that problem anymore (well, occasionally on a rainey day, but who doesn't?). I have finished several projects, too, and have been doing some charity (machine) quilting. I tried to add a photo this morning to this writing, but unfortunately, blogger would not comply. Maybe later. The photo was of the Granny Stripe afghan I finished, inspired by Attic 24 blog, and I used scrap yarn. I will try again later. One festival I would have liked to have gone to over this weekend is the Woolly Worm Festival in Banner Elk, NC (way up in the Blue Ridge Mtns.). I just love woolly worms, and try to avoid running over them in the car. It seems the ones on the right side of the road want to go to the left side and vice-versa. It's a wonder I haven't been stopped by the Police, for swerving so much!! I do hope that everyone is enjoying this cooler weather. Get outside, breathe the air! (unless you are allergic to falling leaves, or goldenrod!)

1 comment:

Beansieleigh said...

Hi June! Vitamin D3.. I have not heard of using this against depression. First I've heard of it, and I'm glad to hear it's working for you!... Fall has been a welcome change after the terribly hot temps we've had this year, and I'm just trying to enjoy the outdoors as much as I can before Old Man Winter settles in!.. Hope Blogger cooperates for you soon, so that we can see your granny stripe afghan!.. Have a great day! ~tina