Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Surprise in the Mail!


Today when I went to the Post Office, there was a "yellow card" in my PO box. That means there is an article to be picked up! You can't imagine my surprise when I opened the mailing bag and found these beautiful Japanese fabrics sent to me by my internet friend, Tanya. I did some machine quilting for her, and she was generous enough to send me some dried fishies and other foods for Shizuku-chan (previously) and also this fabric. I have collected Japanese fabric since my daughter lived in Kagoshima and I am absolutely thrilled to receive this!! Thanks Tanya!! I know that the photo doesn't do justice to the brilliant colors, and the fabric in the plastic wrapping is four inch, precut squares. Wow, they are so beautiful. I will spend the rest of the day with them on the table in front of my chair just looking at them!

2 comments:

Leslie Shelor said...

How beautiful and thoughtful!

Tanya said...

Well, I don't know about beautiful... Japanese fabrics always seem dark and muted... But yes, I guess they are beautiful in an elegant way. I wonder if you'll have anything to match them if and when you make anything. And those charms! That sure is a colorful bunch of I don't know what! Makes for a good brain teaser doesn't it!