Friday, August 13, 2010

The Orange Crush Quilt


Awhile back, and please don't ask me how long ago, I made this quilt top as a quilt-a-long with the Quiltville yahoo group. A new "clue" is given each week or so & everyone uses their own fabric. Well...this quilt fought me all the way. It just wouldn't cooperate at all!! So I finished it, and made an ugly backing (I called it "clown fabric") and set the whole mess at the bottom of the pile to be quilted (someday). Last month I machine quilted an internet friend's quilt for her while she was in the States visiting family. You can see the quilt at the Taniwa blog, if you are interested. Anyway, it reminded me of my, now forgotten, monster. I got it out yesterday and decided to (despite the heat here) get-er-done. It still didn't want to cooperate, and the last two borders kept "growing" and the thread kept breaking, but I don't think it turned out too badly. Might even let it stay on my bed for awhile, as it does fit ya' know.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Hi June! Wow! I didn't know that you had made the Orange Crush too! And you quilted mine before you quilted yours... You are so sweet. Thank you! Isn't it interesting how different the same quilt can turn out! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

tammy said...

So how long ago did you make the quilt top? Just teasing....

It's very pretty.

Candace said...

I think it's beautiful, and I love your colors.