Thursday, December 10, 2009

The New Kitty

For a couple of months now, well ever since he first appeared with his Mom, we have been very partial to a certain grey and white kitten. We even named him Earl Grey, even though we really had no intention of bringing in a new kitty since we lost Dorrie last August. But I noticed yesterday that he was leaning to the left, and this morning he seemed worse. So I just had to gather him up and take him to the Vet. Yep, an ear infection, and a blood test for the dreaded leukemia (negative!), and treatment for various other pesky yard cat problems. I have never seen a yard cat become a snuggle-puss as fast as Earl. He was rubbing faces and purring his little heart out as soon as I first picked him up!! When we got back home, he did some exploring, ate a little tuna and disappeared for a nap. Poor baby is worn out from the excitement. I will take a photo when he reappears later. Well, actually, he looks like the stuffed kitty in my recent post with the scarves (also called Earl Grey). We are praying that he makes a speedy recovery, and that he wants to remain a house cat.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Oh, good luck w/ the new one. Hope he is healthy and all works out.
These four pawed friends are hard to resist.

Ghost said...

oh, I hope so too. How are the other two reacting to him?