Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving....tomorrow! The weather outside, today, is frightful. Awful wind, rain and they are predicting snow for later. We shall see about that one. I'm wishing it was summer, or at least remembering my youth in sunny South Florida. I do not like ice and snow!!

This new computer is working nicely, and it is so easy to post on this blog now. I've only had an "oops" or two while trying to learn a whole new way of doing things.

A lot of people around this area put up their Christmas trees on Thanksgiving. It is very common to see SUV's coming down the mountain with a trussed-up tree tied on top of the vehicle.   We have always put our old artificial tree  up on the 2nd week in Dec., but ever since we brought Earl Grey into the house, we have not decorated much. Last year I put out NOTHING at all!! Earl Grey is very rowdy, and I hate to think of what he would do to our precious old ornaments and stuff. I'm still debating about this year.  He is three years old now, but still as destructive as ever. Putting things "up higher" is not an option, as he climbs quite well .( By the way, the photo is one I gleaned from the Internet.) My all-time favorite Christmas movie is "Santa Claus. The Movie (1984), how about you?

Be happy...enjoy your blessings, and God Bless!! 

3 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Cute picture!.. I'm afraid I've been laying low lately after some minor surgery, and slow recovery. But soon thereafter, I got hit with a big doozy of a cold!.. So WHAT A MONTH I'M HAVING! (0; My favorite Christmas movie? Oh, I don't think I could possibly come up with only ONE. I love them ALL!... Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving, June! ((hugs)) ~tina

Tanya said...

With 6 in the house we sort of give up on decorating a Christmas tree too... I hesitantly gave most of my Christmas decorations to the church last year... Ah... They aren't mine anymore. But last weekend they were up in the church entryway! Hey I hadn't seen those decorations in years, not since the cats took over! They were probably very happy to be out of the box and at least they add some cheer to the church.

tammy said...

Enjoyed reading this post, funny! and funny, cute pic!

Favorite Christmas movie? I have a few too, but at the top of the list is 1983, A Christmas Story. I have added to the list, November Christmas, shown on the Hallmark Channel. Love these two movies!
Stay warm June and I wait also until December to put up a tree.