Sunday, June 30, 2013

Maggie

When we moved to this property 32 years ago, my late husband brought a lot of plants and trees with us from Wilmington, NC. The magnolia tree was one of them. I always called her Maggie, and she grew to be a very tall tree (taller than the powerlines). The one bad thing is, she never bloomed. Never. The year my husband died (1999), I noticed a couple of blooms at the top of the tree. Every year since, there has been more and more. This year Maggie has done a magnificent job!! Blooms everywhere, dozens of them, and not all at once. Two years ago, I had a maple tree nearby cut down, and Maggie spread out in all directions. You could almost see it happening. Way to go Maggie, long may you bloom!!

3 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh, I dearly love a magnolia tree! When I move to central VA, that's one of the trees I want to plant.

KathyB. said...

This is a touching post, and I am hoping Maggie does just that, bloom on and on for future generations.

KathyB. said...

This is a touching post, and I am hoping Maggie does just that, bloom on and on for future generations.