Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New books

When my late husband and I got married in 1967, we lived in South Florida. Our wedding trip was to Wilmington, NC to see his family.  After we went through Charleston, SC (on Highway 17), I noticed roadside stands with women selling baskets. Several stands, actually. With our many trips going back and forth from NC to Fla, I always wanted to stop and look and buy one. We never did, and I regret that a lot. Lately, I have been thinking a lot about those beautiful baskets (and I still want one!!). I found a couple of books at Amazon.com and guess they will have to do for now. I became really interested in the Charleston area again after reading the Tea Shop mysteries by Laura Childs. (I really love these books!!!). Hope everyone is rested up from their Memorial Day weekend. Let us always remember those Veterans who have and continue to fight for our freedom.  Freedom isn't free!

2 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I think the tea shop mysteries are her best work; enjoy them more than the ones in New Orleans.

tammy said...

I love the story you shared in this blog post. The two books you have pictured looks like interesting reads. And now I am going to have to read a tea shop mystery. So many books, so little time!