Thursday, January 5, 2012

Looming


With the Holidays over, I have decided to work on some hat and scarf sets with my looms. The photo seems to have come out quite dark, but maybe you can get the idea what they look like. Click on the photo again, and it will be larger! For the hat, I used a Knifty Knitter adult purple hat loom. For the scarf I am using the decoraccentsinc.com six inch scarf loom. The yarn is Lion Brand "tweed stripes", one strand for the scarf, and one strand of LB and one strand plain brown for the hat (two total). I have several balls of yarn that I want to make up like this...until the notion strikes me to work on something else. It has been terribly cold here this week, and I don't do well in the cold anymore. Sarah at myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com is hosting a mitten knitalong on Ravelry. I was very tempted to join in, but just knitted some Aran mittens recently (pattern is free from www.aranknits.com) and didn't feel like starting another pair right now. Until later... Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Leslie Shelor said...

The hats are great! Looming is a wonderful thing. Hope it is warmer for you.