Monday, August 22, 2011

Folk Festival in Virginia



Last Saturday, my daughter and I went to the Folk Festival/Peach Festival in Meadows of Dan, Virginia. Kathleen worked on a tri-shawl and I am still spinning that awful black Shetland wool (but am determined to finish it!). My friend Leslie, who invited us to come and spin with her, was working with some off-white Suffolk-mix wool on her Great Wheel. I have never spun on a Great Wheel (requires too much standing!), so I spent a lot of time watching the process. The weather was lovely...the sun was shining and it was not too hot to be outside. My good friend from Mount Airy, who I haven't seen in awhile stopped by, and I am so glad to see her looking so well!! We don't realize how much we miss someone until we haven't seen them in awhile. Life is funny like that. The top photo is of my daughter, and the bottom photo is my dear friend Leslie. Some people take such great and lovely photos (I do not, so I'm not posting the photo of myself and Leslie, 'nuff said.) My thanks to Leslie, for hosting the event, and to my daughter, for driving us up the mountain!

3 comments:

Allie said...

That looks like fun - and such a beautiful day!

Karmen said...

I love your "about me" description; rock on! Karmen (with the grey kitty)

Ghost said...

You are so talented in so many areas. I envy you your zest for life.