Saturday, May 15, 2010

The New Goodwill Store

Yesterday, my daughter and I went to check out the new Goodwill Store in Elkin. I did not take a photo of it, as most towns have a Goodwill Store these days and everyone knows what they look like! It was day #2 of their Grand Opening. As usual, there were a lot of people there and they were buying the clothing. The other stuff wasn't moving so fast, as they had increased the prices outrageously! I bought a Sherpa bag (looks like a sheepskin) for $1., a plastic box, also a $1, a coffee mug for twenty-five cents and an old popcorn tin (this is a large one) with flags and Abraham Lincoln on it for a $1. My total was $4.32. This new Goodwill, while it has 3 times the floorspace, has lost it's "homey" feel and the clerks looked frazzled. My daughter and I couldn't leave fast enough. I imagine I will shop there on occasion, but things will no longer be on a first name basis. Too bad.

2 comments:

Ghost said...

I did not realize you were so close to Elkin. I have relatives in Harbor Beach

tammy said...

June,

I know how much you enjoy visiting the Goodwill stores, sorry they have changed. But you still found some nice bargains, right? :)