Monday, October 5, 2009

Photos from the Festival


Sheep on the farm


A lady spinning angora, right off the bunny!!




Blacksmith at work, making a spoon with a horsehead handle. He has quite an out-going personality


General view of the vendors.

The sun was shining, and it was in the mid-70's for the Fall Fest at Rising Meadow Farm. We ate lamb burgers for lunch with a Tunisian salad. I behaved myself and only bought two types of wool. The first is some black Navajo-Churro (about 4 oz.) and the other is Gulf Coast Native (about 17 oz.). I can't wait to get started on the black wool!! I have spun it before & enjoy working with it. My daughter drove us to the festival. It was a long drive, and we were both tired when we got back to her house. I got back home after dark, but made it OK, even driving alone. There were a lot more vendors there this time, as the last time we attended it was in 2004. I'm thankful that I saw the morning reporter on Channel 8, do an "ad" for the Festival. I have to say that it was a good day. The sun was out yesterday, and it is raining today. I'm so glad that we got to go and that we had a good time. I even got to see a few people that I know & haven't seen in a long time!

3 comments:

Leslie Shelor said...

Glad you got to go to the festival! That thar angora spinner sure looks familiar...I think it might be Elaina. I was at a festival this weekend in Hillsville, spinning wool instead of bunny!

tammy said...

Hey June,
Glad you enjoyed the festival this year. I saw the bunny spinner too, the year I got to go.

Happy Spinning!!

Tanya said...

I can't even tell where the bunny is in that first picture. Sounds like a great festival!